Fundraising Opportunity for
Animal Shelters and Rescue Groups
As long-time volunteers in animal rescue organizations, we have tremendous respect for all who do the difficult work of saving animals whose lives are in jeopardy.
Our motivation for creating The CoatHook pet comb has been to offer a product that helps animals and their people and that generates an income stream that enables us to support rescue groups and shelters at a higher level on a continuing basis.
Our Fundraising Program
In 2016, we began to donate $5 of every CoatHook sale to participating shelters and rescues.
33 organizations in 16 states are now benefiting from the program:
- Abandoned Angels Cocker Spaniel Rescue, New York
- American Belgian Malinois Rescue
- Big Fluffy Dog Rescue, Tennessee
- Big Hearts for Big Dogs, Florida
- The Cat House on the Kings, California
- Coastal Humane Society of Brunswick, Maine
- Forever Home Feline Ranch, Illinois
- Foundation for TJO Animals, Massachusetts
- Friends of Felines Kansas
- Friends of Feral Felines, Maine
- Friends of Stark Pound, Ohio
- Good Karma Rescue of Vermont
- Granite State Dog Recovery, New Hampshire
- Harvest Hills Animal Shelter, Maine
- Homeless Animal Rescue Team (HART), Maine
- Imminent Danger German Shepherd Rescue, Tennessee
- K9s On The Front Line, Maine
- Maine Greyhound Placement Service
- National Anatolian Shepherd Rescue Network
- New England Lab Rescue
- NH Kittens
- Old Dogs New Digs, Maine
- PAWS of Dale Hollow, Tennessee
- Peppertree Rescue, New York
- Pet Adoption League of New York Chow Chow Rescue
- Protectors of Animal Life Society (P.A.L.S.), Maine
- Real Good Dog Rescue, Tennessee
- Sauver Des Chiens, Louisiana and Texas
- Shenandoah Shepherd Rescue, Virginia
- Shiba Inu Rescue of Texas
- Tall Tails Beagle Rescue, Maine
- The Cat House, Nebraska
- Voiceless-MI, Michigan
Our goal in 2016 was to enroll at least one rescue group or shelter each month, and we doubled that by enrolling 24 organizations by year end! And we are excited to report that we donated a total of $3,500 — not too bad for a new program in its first year.
We are doing much more this year, 2017. Our goal now is to enroll at least one rescue group or shelter from every state in the country by the end of the year!
So far, we’re helping rescues in 16 states — only 34 more to go! It’s a tall order, but you can help — and there are FREE CoatHooks in it for you — by sending your favorite rescue group to this page!
Read on below for more info...
Get FREE CoatHooks for Referring Your Favorite Animal Shelter or Rescue Organization to Us — Here’s How:
All you have to do is this:
- Let your favorite animal rescue group or shelter know about our fundraising program — send them a link to this page, so they can learn about how they can benefit from the program.
- Email us to give us a heads up as to which shelter or organization you’ve referred and who we might hear from to request enrollment in the program. If we don’t hear from them, we’ll introduce ourselves and let them know you sent us.
If your referral turns into a new enrollment, we’ll send you a FREE CoatHook! And we’ll send a bunch to the shelter / rescue as well.
But wait, there’s more!
If your referral results in our adding a new state to our fundraising program, we’ll send you TWO FREE CoatHooks — one for you and one for a friend! And, of course, we’ll send a bunch to the shelter / rescue as well.
Raise Funds for Your Animal Shelter or Rescue
Here’s how the program works:
- A representative from your nonprofit rescue group or shelter emails us to request participation in the fundraising program. Participating organizations must have 501(c)(3) status from the IRS.
- We create a promotional page for your organization on TheCoatHook.com. You can see an example here.
- You help raise awareness for your fundraising page by promoting the fundraiser to your organization’s friends, fans, and followers. You can add a link from your website or social media channels to drive visitors to your fundraising page on TheCoatHook.com. We’ll provide a graphic “button” or “badge” to publish on your website and social media channels linking to the fundraising campaign. It might look something like this:
- For every CoatHook we sell through your page, we’ll donate $5 to your organization on an ongoing basis. We send a check on the first of the month for all sales made in the previous month.
If you’d like us to donate a portion of sales to benefit your nonprofit rescue group or shelter, we’d love to help — just email us to set it up.